Local PP, PE markets ease down on muted demand in Turkey
Nonetheless, both PP and PE prices started to ease down as of early October in the midst of slackening demand.
“PP raffia supplies are not as limited as they were in the previous couple of months. Several converters purchased beyond their needs in the course of rapid hikes in September,” a seller stated. A bcf converter affirmed, “We prefer to meet our basic requirements from the local market as it would be risky to engage in long distance cargos that are due to arrive in November-December. Supply is plentiful these days.”
Homo PP raffia prices were reported at $1500-1540/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT ($1270-1305/ton without VAT), while offers above $1540/ton mostly faded. Competitive PP fibre deals were concluded at $1490-1520/ton with the same terms after prices hit as high as $1590/ton almost a month ago.
As for PE, distributors sitting on comfortable stocks are more open to give discounts, which resulted in some softening on the lower ends of the local price ranges, according to players. “Particularly prompt LDPE availability is comfortable. Buying interest has been thin this month owing to the previous purchases of converters. We are open to negotiation for bids regarding considerable tonnages,” said distributors.
The local PE ranges were down by $20-30/ton at $1620-1660/ton for LDPE, flat at $1470-1540/ton for LLDPE and $20-30/ton lower at $1450-1520/ton HDPE film and b/m ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT compared to last week. They respectively come to $1373-1407/ton, $1246-1305/ton and $1229-1288/ton without VAT.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe