Local PP, PE markets turn up in China
LLDPE and PP futures on the Dalian Commodity Exchange respectively witnessed total increases of CNY255/ton ($39/ton) and CNY371/ton ($56/ton) in October 16-17.
“Local PP and PE prices increased given higher futures prices. Demand is normal,” a few traders noted.
Another trader commented, “We think the futures market will be volatile after the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China. This factor may push both PP and PE prices higher. Local producers, CNPC and Sinopec’s local inventories are reported at/above 700,000 tons, which is considered as a normal level. We are yet to see strong demand after the holiday; however, there were some replenishment activities albeit in small amounts. Environmental inspections are still going on and maintenance shutdowns also support the market.”
In China, prices for local homo-PP raffia have increased by CNY300/ton ($45/ton) so far this week while PE offers are up by CNY350/ton ($53/ton) LDPE film, CNY400/ton ($60/ton) for LLDPE film and by CNY250/ton ($38/ton) for HDPE film.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe