Local PP, PE markets turn up in China
LLDPE and PP futures on the Dalian Commodity Exchange respectively witnessed total increases of CNY255/ton ($39/ton) and CNY371/ton ($56/ton) in October 16-17.
“Local PP and PE prices increased given higher futures prices. Demand is normal,” a few traders noted.
Another trader commented, “We think the futures market will be volatile after the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China. This factor may push both PP and PE prices higher. Local producers, CNPC and Sinopec’s local inventories are reported at/above 700,000 tons, which is considered as a normal level. We are yet to see strong demand after the holiday; however, there were some replenishment activities albeit in small amounts. Environmental inspections are still going on and maintenance shutdowns also support the market.”
In China, prices for local homo-PP raffia have increased by CNY300/ton ($45/ton) so far this week while PE offers are up by CNY350/ton ($53/ton) LDPE film, CNY400/ton ($60/ton) for LLDPE film and by CNY250/ton ($38/ton) for HDPE film.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low