Local PP, PE prices fall further in Turkey
The prevailing homo PP raffia range stands at $1300-1370/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT, down $20-30/ton from last week. A converter commented, “Buyers are not in the market and thereby, locally-held PP raffia prices did not break below $1300/ton yet. However, if sellers can get bids next week, we expect to hear prices below this threshold soon.” A distributor reported revising his prices downward, saying that there is no supply issue in the market these days and demand is poor.
So far this week, PE price ranges are visibly down at $1620-1640/ton for LDPE film, $1440-1470/ton for LLDPE c4 film and $1440-1500/ton for HDPE film ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT. HDPE blow moulding, for which supply is considered ample, is offered between $1420-1460/ton amidst more significant drops. Prices above the $1500/ton threshold have become quite scarce given muted buying activity.
“Distributors are trying to clear their stocks nowadays and are conceding to discounts on cash basis. We hear very competitive prices, particularly for HDPE film and blow moulding,” a seller of PP and PE argued. Despite rising crude oil prices, expectations for both products call for lower prices in Turkey due to expectations of softer demand ahead of Ramadan.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets