Local PP, PE prices move higher for May in Malaysia
A distributor said that Malaysian producers have announced their May prices to the local market with increases of MYR90/ton ($25/ton) for PP, MYR220/ton ($62/ton) for LDPE and MYR400/ton ($113/ton) for HDPE. He stated that he is struggling to secure cargoes.
Another distributor confirmed that they received higher prices for May from local producers. He commented, “There is no LLDPE allocation for May in the local market so far. Hence, we are planning to purchase some import materials in order to supply our regular customers. We feel that demand will remain steady for May due to ongoing supply issues.”
Meanwhile, a converter also reported that local producers announced higher PP and PE prices for May. He stated that they are planning to secure some LLDPE from import sources as local producers have no LLDPE quotas.
In Malaysia, PE prices currently stand at MYR5400-5450/ton ($1492-1506/ton) for LDPE film, at MYR5550-5600/ton ($1527-1541/ton) for LDPE injection, at MYR5330-5630/ton ($1467-1556/ton) for HDPE film, at MYR5400-5460/ton ($1486-1502/ton) for HDPE blow moulding and at MYR5400/ton ($1486/ton) for HDPE injection, all on an FD Malaysia, cash equivalent basis.
For PP, local prices are at MYR5400-5480/ton ($1486-1508/ton) for PP block copolymer, at MYR5700/ton ($1569/ton) for PP random copolymer, at MYR5200-5260/ton ($1431-1447/ton) for PP raffia, at MYR5200-5240/ton ($1431-1448/ton) for PP inj and at MYR5350-5530/ton ($1472-1528/ton) for PP film with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?