Local PP, PE prices move higher for May in Malaysia
A distributor said that Malaysian producers have announced their May prices to the local market with increases of MYR90/ton ($25/ton) for PP, MYR220/ton ($62/ton) for LDPE and MYR400/ton ($113/ton) for HDPE. He stated that he is struggling to secure cargoes.
Another distributor confirmed that they received higher prices for May from local producers. He commented, “There is no LLDPE allocation for May in the local market so far. Hence, we are planning to purchase some import materials in order to supply our regular customers. We feel that demand will remain steady for May due to ongoing supply issues.”
Meanwhile, a converter also reported that local producers announced higher PP and PE prices for May. He stated that they are planning to secure some LLDPE from import sources as local producers have no LLDPE quotas.
In Malaysia, PE prices currently stand at MYR5400-5450/ton ($1492-1506/ton) for LDPE film, at MYR5550-5600/ton ($1527-1541/ton) for LDPE injection, at MYR5330-5630/ton ($1467-1556/ton) for HDPE film, at MYR5400-5460/ton ($1486-1502/ton) for HDPE blow moulding and at MYR5400/ton ($1486/ton) for HDPE injection, all on an FD Malaysia, cash equivalent basis.
For PP, local prices are at MYR5400-5480/ton ($1486-1508/ton) for PP block copolymer, at MYR5700/ton ($1569/ton) for PP random copolymer, at MYR5200-5260/ton ($1431-1447/ton) for PP raffia, at MYR5200-5240/ton ($1431-1448/ton) for PP inj and at MYR5350-5530/ton ($1472-1528/ton) for PP film with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets