Local PP, PE prices move higher in Thailand
A trader commented, “Local prices have gained some ground following the holidays as domestic supplies are still limited due to an ongoing shutdown at a local producer’s upstream units.” Another trader stated, “The local market posted some increases today, although demand is thin as most players are already covered until mid-May.”
A third trader, who also confirmed higher local prices, stated that most buyers are not interested in securing cargoes as they have sufficient material thanks to their previous purchases.
In Thailand, local PE prices are currently reported at THB47500-50500/ton ($1468-1560/ton) for LDPE film and at THB47500-48500/ton ($1468-1499/ton) for LLDPE and HDPE film, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis. For PP, local prices stand at THB46000-48000/ton ($1421-1483/ton) for homo-PP raffia and injection and at THB46500-48500/ton ($1437-1499/ton) for homo-PP film with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce