Local PP, PE prices move higher in Thailand
A trader commented, “Local prices have gained some ground following the holidays as domestic supplies are still limited due to an ongoing shutdown at a local producer’s upstream units.” Another trader stated, “The local market posted some increases today, although demand is thin as most players are already covered until mid-May.”
A third trader, who also confirmed higher local prices, stated that most buyers are not interested in securing cargoes as they have sufficient material thanks to their previous purchases.
In Thailand, local PE prices are currently reported at THB47500-50500/ton ($1468-1560/ton) for LDPE film and at THB47500-48500/ton ($1468-1499/ton) for LLDPE and HDPE film, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis. For PP, local prices stand at THB46000-48000/ton ($1421-1483/ton) for homo-PP raffia and injection and at THB46500-48500/ton ($1437-1499/ton) for homo-PP film with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months