Local PP, PE prices move higher in Thailand
A trader reported that demand is not doing well and sales dropped by 20% when compared to last year. “Nowadays, there is a conflict between buyers and sellers. Buyers think that demand towards their end products is quite frail and crude oil and monomer prices also softened. Hence, there are no factors to support the suppliers’ price increases in the market,” he said.
A converter stated, “Despite price hikes on a weekly basis, most of the done deals are similar to previous levels. A local producer has faced a problem on their HDPE production and will be able to provide materials next week, but PP supply is comfortable.” He also added that customers are cautious on their purchases because they feel the increases will not be sustainable since crude oil and monomer prices have softened.
Local PP prices currently stand at THB41500/ton ($1183/ton) for homo-PP raffia and at 42500/ton ($1212/ton) for homo-PP film, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
Local PE prices are now reported at THB47500-48000/ton ($1354-1369/ton) for LDPE film, at THB46000/ton ($1312/ton) for LLDPE c4 film and at THB45000/ton ($1283/ton) for HDPE film and at THB45500/ton ($1297/ton) for HDPE blow moulding all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins