Local PP, PE prices move higher in Thailand
A trader reported that demand is not doing well and sales dropped by 20% when compared to last year. “Nowadays, there is a conflict between buyers and sellers. Buyers think that demand towards their end products is quite frail and crude oil and monomer prices also softened. Hence, there are no factors to support the suppliers’ price increases in the market,” he said.
A converter stated, “Despite price hikes on a weekly basis, most of the done deals are similar to previous levels. A local producer has faced a problem on their HDPE production and will be able to provide materials next week, but PP supply is comfortable.” He also added that customers are cautious on their purchases because they feel the increases will not be sustainable since crude oil and monomer prices have softened.
Local PP prices currently stand at THB41500/ton ($1183/ton) for homo-PP raffia and at 42500/ton ($1212/ton) for homo-PP film, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
Local PE prices are now reported at THB47500-48000/ton ($1354-1369/ton) for LDPE film, at THB46000/ton ($1312/ton) for LLDPE c4 film and at THB45000/ton ($1283/ton) for HDPE film and at THB45500/ton ($1297/ton) for HDPE blow moulding all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s PE, PP markets remain strong despite softer sentiment in China
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike