Local PP, PE prices move higher in Vietnam
A distributor offering Vietnamese homo-PP commented, “We prefer to sell in the local market rather exporting for now as demand is good, particularly for raffia. We are bullish about the market’s short term prospects, although we are not sure as to whether or not the current trend will prove sustainable over the longer term,” the distributor commented. The distributor offers domestic homo-PP injection and raffia at VND30,500,000/ton FD, cash inc VAT ($1316/ton without VAT).
Another distributor stated, “Local PE prices jumped around VND1,000,000/ton ($47/ton) at the start of the week as many overseas producers are giving very limited allocations to the market.” The distributor offers Saudi Arabian HDPE and LLDPE film as well as Malaysian LDPE film at VND30,000,000/ton FD, cash inc VAT ($1295/ton without VAT).
Prices for locally-held cargoes in Vietnam currently stand at VND29,000,000-30,500,000/ton ($1251-1316/ton without VAT) for homo-PP injection and raffia, at VND30,000,000-30,500,000/ton ($1295-1316/ton without VAT) for LDPE film, at VND29,300,000-31,000,000/ton ($1264-1338/ton without VAT) for LLDPE film and at VND29,000,000-30,000,000/ton ($1251-1295/ton without VAT) for HDPE film, all on an FD Vietnam, cash equivalent basis inc VAT.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem