Local PP, PE prices move lower to Thailand
A distributor stated, “Local producers’ most recent PP and PE decreases have failed to revive trading activities as buyers are sticking to the sidelines due to the ongoing softening trend while purchases are made on an as needed basis nowadays.”
A second distributor commented, “Demand remains sluggish as buyers are still postponing their purchases with the expectation of seeing further decreases while most players are now waiting for the OPEC meeting, which will be held on November 27, in order to have a clearer opinion regarding the direction of crude oil markets for the near term.”
Local prices in Thailand currently stand at THB47500-49500/ton ($1449-1510/ton) for homo-PP injection and raffia, THB48000-50000/ton ($1464-1525/ton) for PP film, THB49500-50500/ton ($1510-1541/ton) for LDPE film, HDPE film and blow moulding and at THB50000-51000/ton ($1525-1556/ton) for LLDPE film, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm