Local PP, PE prices move lower to Vietnam
Another distributor added, "Local prices have started to move lower in line with the prevailing regional trends. We are not in any rush to conclude additional deals for now as we believe that prices still have some room to decline." A shrink film manufacturer said, "We are seeing regular demand for our end products, but we are waiting to see some further price decreases before making any fresh purchases."
Prices for locally-held cargoes currently stand at VND37,600,000-38,500,000/ton ($1618-1657/ton without VAT) for LDPE film, VND37,200,000-37,700,000/ton ($1601-1623/ton without VAT) for LLDPE film, VND37,300,000-37,500,000/ton ($1605-1614/ton without VAT) for HDPE film, VND37,500,000/ton ($1614/ton without VAT) for HDPE blow moulding and at VND36,500,000-36,700,000/ton ($1571-1580/ton without VAT) for homo-PP injection and raffia, all on an FD Vietnam, cash inc VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets