Local PP, PE prices move lower to Vietnam
Another distributor added, "Local prices have started to move lower in line with the prevailing regional trends. We are not in any rush to conclude additional deals for now as we believe that prices still have some room to decline." A shrink film manufacturer said, "We are seeing regular demand for our end products, but we are waiting to see some further price decreases before making any fresh purchases."
Prices for locally-held cargoes currently stand at VND37,600,000-38,500,000/ton ($1618-1657/ton without VAT) for LDPE film, VND37,200,000-37,700,000/ton ($1601-1623/ton without VAT) for LLDPE film, VND37,300,000-37,500,000/ton ($1605-1614/ton without VAT) for HDPE film, VND37,500,000/ton ($1614/ton without VAT) for HDPE blow moulding and at VND36,500,000-36,700,000/ton ($1571-1580/ton without VAT) for homo-PP injection and raffia, all on an FD Vietnam, cash inc VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high