Local PP, PE prices open the week on a firm note in China
A producer attributed price increases to firmer upstream costs and reduced availability in the market while adding, “We feel that the up-tick in the market will be temporary and that the market will shift direction again later in the month. We do not expect a major impact from the G20 summit as players will have time to prepare for the planned shutdowns.”
A trader said that PE prices also follow a stable to slightly firm trend due to the same reasons. “LDPE prices firm up more than HDPE and LLDPE as LDPE supply moving down due to a maintenance work at a local producer’s plant” said the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months