Local PP, PE prices slightly up in Vietnam
A converter noted, “We are purchasing in small quantities from the local market as we are not willing to wait for the shipments of import cargoes. Local prices are slightly higher in November when compared to October levels.”
A trader offering Saudi Arabian and Vietnamese PP opined, “The overall demand is still weak, However, we are planning to increase our local offers by VND200,000/ton ($9/ton) as some other traders already raised their offers.”
A household products manufacturer operating in Vietnam said, “Demand for our end-products is better due to the approaching Chinese New Year. However, we are on a wait and see position as we have sufficient inventories while the market trend is unclear for now.”
A PP, PE trader commented, “We heard there is limited HDPE film as producers are switching to HDPE pipe production amidst better profit and demand from the construction sector. Considering this, we may buy some PP and PE this week since prices are likely to remain firm in the short term. We think demand will also increase until Chinese New Year.”
On the other hand, another trader said, “It is hard to predict the market direction. Still, we think higher prices are not enough to push demand up.”
Prices for locally-held cargoes in Vietnam are currently standing at VND29,500,000-30,200,000/ton ($1190-1219/ton without VAT) for homo-PP raffia, at VND29,600,000-30,200,000/ton ($1194-1219/ton without VAT) for homo-PP injection, at VND31,500,000-32,000,000/ton ($1271-1291/ton without VAT) for LDPE film and HDPE film and at VND29,500,000-30,500,000/ton ($1190-1231/ton without VAT) for LLDPE film, all on an FD Vietnam, cash equivalent basis inc VAT. When compared to last week, these ranges show increases of around $8-41/ton.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets