Local PP, PE prices step back as supply loosens in Vietnam
Another distributor added, “We lowered our prices for locally-held PP while maintaining our PE prices in accordance with stronger spot ethylene costs. Demand from the local market is muted and we are not planning to make any fresh purchases until the cargoes we secured last week arrive.”
Prices for locally-held cargoes currently stand at VND30,500,000-32,000,000/ton ($1314-1379/ton without VAT) for homo-PP injection and raffia, at VND30,500,000/ton ($1314/ton without VAT) for LDPE film, at VND30,500,000-31,500,000/ton ($1314-1357/ton without VAT) for LLDPE film and at VND30,500,000-31,000,000/ton ($1314-1336/ton without VAT) for HDPE film, all FD Vietnam, cash equivalent basis inc VAT.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion