Local PP, PE prices step back as supply loosens in Vietnam
Another distributor added, “We lowered our prices for locally-held PP while maintaining our PE prices in accordance with stronger spot ethylene costs. Demand from the local market is muted and we are not planning to make any fresh purchases until the cargoes we secured last week arrive.”
Prices for locally-held cargoes currently stand at VND30,500,000-32,000,000/ton ($1314-1379/ton without VAT) for homo-PP injection and raffia, at VND30,500,000/ton ($1314/ton without VAT) for LDPE film, at VND30,500,000-31,500,000/ton ($1314-1357/ton without VAT) for LLDPE film and at VND30,500,000-31,000,000/ton ($1314-1336/ton without VAT) for HDPE film, all FD Vietnam, cash equivalent basis inc VAT.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia