Local PP prices decline in Philippines
A bag manufacturer stated that demand for their end products remains slow. “The ongoing depreciation of the Philippine peso against the US dollar continues to hinder import activities. We received a homo-PP raffia offer from the local market at PHP52000/ton ($981/ton without VAT). However, we placed a bid PHP2000/ton ($42/ton) below this offer as we believe that prices still have room for additional drops in the near term,” the buyer commented.
Local PP raffia prices in the Philippines currently stand at PHP52000-55000/ton ($981-1038/ton without VAT) on an FD, cash equivalent basis inc VAT.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers