Local PP prices decline in Philippines
A bag manufacturer stated that demand for their end products remains slow. “The ongoing depreciation of the Philippine peso against the US dollar continues to hinder import activities. We received a homo-PP raffia offer from the local market at PHP52000/ton ($981/ton without VAT). However, we placed a bid PHP2000/ton ($42/ton) below this offer as we believe that prices still have room for additional drops in the near term,” the buyer commented.
Local PP raffia prices in the Philippines currently stand at PHP52000-55000/ton ($981-1038/ton without VAT) on an FD, cash equivalent basis inc VAT.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed