Local PP prices move lower in Thailand
An agent reported that they concluded some deals with discounts of around THB500/ton ($15/ton) as their customers are pushing for additional decreases nowadays. The distributor reported concluding PP raffia and injection deals at THB43500/ton FD Thailand, cash ($1283/ton). This level currently forms the low end of the overall local homo-PP range.
A distributor stated, “Buyers are still adopting a wait and see attitude and no one is in hurry to make fresh purchases. Agricultural demand may slow further as some parts of the country are reportedly facing water shortages.”
A woven bag manufacturer said, “Trading activities are stagnant and local producers are open to negotiations on their offers. The water shortage has not affected our area so far. Hence, demand for our end products is regular.” Another woven bag manufacturer, on the other hand, reported that the water supply issue has negatively affected their business. He added, “Local PP prices are down from last week due to thin buying interest while supplies are okay.”
In Thailand, local homo-PP raffia and injection prices are currently reported in the range of THB43500-45000/ton on an FD, cash equivalent basis ($1283-1328/ton). This range is indicating weekly decreases of around THB1500/ton ($44/ton) from last week, according to data from ChemOrbis Price Index.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns