Local PP prices propelled up by tight supplies in China
Local prices for homo-PP raffia have increased by more than CNY100/ton ($15/ton) so far, mostly erasing the losses recorded throughout August.
Several other factors including higher futures prices as well as improving buying sentiment ahead of the week-long National Day holiday to take place in early October were also cited as other supportive factors.
A few traders opined, “Local PP prices were firmer for the second week in a row due to tight supplies as well as stronger futures prices. Local PP supplies are currently tight as some producers are having turnarounds at their plants. The overall operating rates are also low. Plus, there are some replenishment activities ahead of the approaching National Day holiday.”
Meanwhile, the ongoing rally in spot propylene prices in Asia is expected to support the sellers over the near term. The weekly average of spot propylene prices in Asia has also reached their highest levels in approximately 4 years, according to data from ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS markets plunge to 3-year low in China, SEA
- Yuan devaluation sends import LLDPE, HDPE back to 10-year low in China
- PET markets hit two-year low in China, SEA
- Naphtha hits lowest of 2 years in Europe, 8 months in Asia; eyes on oil
- Downturn halts in Europe’s PP, PE and PVC markets ahead of holidays
- Turkish PP, PE markets enter Eid holidays on weak note
- Asia’s September PVC outlook takes shape amid dwindling supplies
- China’s import PP market yields to mounting trade war, weak demand
- PP, PE markets remain soft for another month in Egypt, Mid-East ahead of Eid
- PE sentiment shifts on higher ethylene in Europe