Local PP prices propelled up by tight supplies in China
Local prices for homo-PP raffia have increased by more than CNY100/ton ($15/ton) so far, mostly erasing the losses recorded throughout August.
Several other factors including higher futures prices as well as improving buying sentiment ahead of the week-long National Day holiday to take place in early October were also cited as other supportive factors.
A few traders opined, “Local PP prices were firmer for the second week in a row due to tight supplies as well as stronger futures prices. Local PP supplies are currently tight as some producers are having turnarounds at their plants. The overall operating rates are also low. Plus, there are some replenishment activities ahead of the approaching National Day holiday.”
Meanwhile, the ongoing rally in spot propylene prices in Asia is expected to support the sellers over the near term. The weekly average of spot propylene prices in Asia has also reached their highest levels in approximately 4 years, according to data from ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s polyolefin markets sustain uptrend
- Asian PVC markets shaken by sharp fall in Taiwanese major’s Apr pricing
- March PE prices take split paths in Africa, Mid-East
- Asian PS markets touch 4-month high amid volatile styrene
- Turkey’s PP market attracts deep-sea origins at 4-month high
- European ABS rebounds from 3-year low
- Firming persists in Vietnam’s PE market, shrugging off ethylene
- European styrene continues to climb up, Asia remains cautiously firm
- PP market up from a year-low in Europe; yet hikes beyond C3 see resistance
- Asian ethylene slumps on supply glut