Local PP prices soften in Thailand
“We plan to wait a while longer before purchasing as we think that prices might still have room to move lower given the prevailing energy costs,” a distributor commented. Another distributor added, “Local prices have seen some declines, but we feel that sellers would be willing to give additional discounts for buyers placing firm bids. We are holding only minimal stocks at the present.”
Prices for locally-held PP cargoes currently stand at THB46500-48000/ton ($1421-1467/ton) for homo-PP injection and raffia and at THB47000-48500/ton ($1436-1482/ton) for PP film, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints, demand send Turkey PE market to 2-month high
- China's PP upturn enters third week on more bullish fundamentals
- Asia PET markets increase marginally on cost support, healthy Chinese demand
- Southeast Asian PVC markets supported by Indian demand
- Gradually returning demand offers glimmer of hope in polymer markets
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations