Local PP prices soften in Thailand
“We plan to wait a while longer before purchasing as we think that prices might still have room to move lower given the prevailing energy costs,” a distributor commented. Another distributor added, “Local prices have seen some declines, but we feel that sellers would be willing to give additional discounts for buyers placing firm bids. We are holding only minimal stocks at the present.”
Prices for locally-held PP cargoes currently stand at THB46500-48000/ton ($1421-1467/ton) for homo-PP injection and raffia and at THB47000-48500/ton ($1436-1482/ton) for PP film, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons