Local PP raffia breaks below new threshold in Turkey
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
Presently, PP raffia prices from warehouses located in the south of the country have broken below $1300/ton inc VAT in line with declining import offers. The overall PP raffia range stands at $1270-1350/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT. Buyers in Gaziantep reported receiving prices at $1280/ton for Iranian and Egyptian materials while a deal was concluded at $1270/ton.
Sack makers mostly expressed their unwillingness to purchase raw material this week citing their sufficient stocks, stagnant end business and the ongoing downwards trend. Some manufacturers in the Istanbul region also expect to hear prices below $1300/ton next week and prefer to remain on the sidelines. A distributor who offered close to the high end of the range blaming his costs said, “We are not able to sell at our current price level. Prices are likely to lose more ground in the days to come.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures