Local PP raffia breaks below new threshold in Turkey
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
Presently, PP raffia prices from warehouses located in the south of the country have broken below $1300/ton inc VAT in line with declining import offers. The overall PP raffia range stands at $1270-1350/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT. Buyers in Gaziantep reported receiving prices at $1280/ton for Iranian and Egyptian materials while a deal was concluded at $1270/ton.
Sack makers mostly expressed their unwillingness to purchase raw material this week citing their sufficient stocks, stagnant end business and the ongoing downwards trend. Some manufacturers in the Istanbul region also expect to hear prices below $1300/ton next week and prefer to remain on the sidelines. A distributor who offered close to the high end of the range blaming his costs said, “We are not able to sell at our current price level. Prices are likely to lose more ground in the days to come.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high