Local PP raffia prices ease on high end in Turkey
Last week, local homo PP raffia prices were reported at $1735-1800/ton on an ex-warehouse, cash including VAT basis for prompt cargoes. This week two distributors who were offering on the high end last week reported offering at $1750/ton with the same terms. “The market may soften a bit since demand slowed down. The stronger dollar has significantly hampered market activity,” commented a distributor.
Another distributor said, “We have sufficient stocks for now and we are ready to offer at $1750/ton and below for firm bids. The market is clearly stagnant.”
Players also reported softer levels for incoming Turkmen cargoes with delivery in April last week. “They were being offered at $1680/ton two weeks ago, while they became available at $1640/ton last week,” said a buyer in South Turkey.
The overall range for locally held PP raffia is yet to be shaped for this week while initial reports call for prices as low as $1700/ton ex-warehouse, cash inc VAT. Petkim, who announced consecutive increases on PP since late January, have not come up with new price announcement so far this week either.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China