Local PP raffia prices ease on high end in Turkey
Last week, local homo PP raffia prices were reported at $1735-1800/ton on an ex-warehouse, cash including VAT basis for prompt cargoes. This week two distributors who were offering on the high end last week reported offering at $1750/ton with the same terms. “The market may soften a bit since demand slowed down. The stronger dollar has significantly hampered market activity,” commented a distributor.
Another distributor said, “We have sufficient stocks for now and we are ready to offer at $1750/ton and below for firm bids. The market is clearly stagnant.”
Players also reported softer levels for incoming Turkmen cargoes with delivery in April last week. “They were being offered at $1680/ton two weeks ago, while they became available at $1640/ton last week,” said a buyer in South Turkey.
The overall range for locally held PP raffia is yet to be shaped for this week while initial reports call for prices as low as $1700/ton ex-warehouse, cash inc VAT. Petkim, who announced consecutive increases on PP since late January, have not come up with new price announcement so far this week either.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East