Local PP raffia prices ease on high end in Turkey
Last week, local homo PP raffia prices were reported at $1735-1800/ton on an ex-warehouse, cash including VAT basis for prompt cargoes. This week two distributors who were offering on the high end last week reported offering at $1750/ton with the same terms. “The market may soften a bit since demand slowed down. The stronger dollar has significantly hampered market activity,” commented a distributor.
Another distributor said, “We have sufficient stocks for now and we are ready to offer at $1750/ton and below for firm bids. The market is clearly stagnant.”
Players also reported softer levels for incoming Turkmen cargoes with delivery in April last week. “They were being offered at $1680/ton two weeks ago, while they became available at $1640/ton last week,” said a buyer in South Turkey.
The overall range for locally held PP raffia is yet to be shaped for this week while initial reports call for prices as low as $1700/ton ex-warehouse, cash inc VAT. Petkim, who announced consecutive increases on PP since late January, have not come up with new price announcement so far this week either.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook