Local PP raffia prices post further decreases in Turkey
Locally held PP raffia prices were reported at $1580-1650/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT this week. This range is down $40/ton on the low end and $100/ton on the high end from last week. According to ChemOrbis Price Index, the range indicates decreases of $100-175/ton when compared to the beginning of March.
“Sellers are open to negotiate this week and prices which were as high as $1800/ton two weeks ago are down by almost $150/ton. We think this is mostly because of falling energy costs. We also think the market may retreat some more as one of the main factors behind the sharp hikes was delays at customs, which have been mostly,” said a sack manufacturer in west Turkey, who added that they are covered until mid-April.
A trader stated that they think PP raffia prices will see the $1550/ton threshold at the beginning of April in line with slowing sentiment. A distributor offering on the high end also commented that they have sufficient material for PP and they are willing to give discounts for serious buyers as market activity is stagnant nowadays.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint