Local PS, ABS markets ease back in Turkey
“Activity lagged behind expectations after the holiday which weakened sellers’ hand. That’s why the market erased its previous gains,” a distributor reported. “Demand did not change after holidays although sellers tried to obtain higher price levels. There are still competitive Iranian materials which kept buying interest very thin for our cargos,” another stated.
Similarly, the local ABS market experienced muted buying appetite right after holiday. ABS natural prices softened $10/ton on the low end to $1420-1500/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash not inc VAT. Some players expect the prices at the upper end to see some corrections if buying interest remains thin.
A distributor commented, “Prices at or close to the $1500/ton threshold were not proved workable amidst the persistence of more competitive levels. The rumor is that a buyer purchased some ABS natural slightly below $1400/ton, although this was probably a specific case from a seller who needed to get rid of his stocks.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia