Local PS, ABS markets ease back in Turkey
“Activity lagged behind expectations after the holiday which weakened sellers’ hand. That’s why the market erased its previous gains,” a distributor reported. “Demand did not change after holidays although sellers tried to obtain higher price levels. There are still competitive Iranian materials which kept buying interest very thin for our cargos,” another stated.
Similarly, the local ABS market experienced muted buying appetite right after holiday. ABS natural prices softened $10/ton on the low end to $1420-1500/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash not inc VAT. Some players expect the prices at the upper end to see some corrections if buying interest remains thin.
A distributor commented, “Prices at or close to the $1500/ton threshold were not proved workable amidst the persistence of more competitive levels. The rumor is that a buyer purchased some ABS natural slightly below $1400/ton, although this was probably a specific case from a seller who needed to get rid of his stocks.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports