Local PS, ABS markets ease back in Turkey
“Activity lagged behind expectations after the holiday which weakened sellers’ hand. That’s why the market erased its previous gains,” a distributor reported. “Demand did not change after holidays although sellers tried to obtain higher price levels. There are still competitive Iranian materials which kept buying interest very thin for our cargos,” another stated.
Similarly, the local ABS market experienced muted buying appetite right after holiday. ABS natural prices softened $10/ton on the low end to $1420-1500/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash not inc VAT. Some players expect the prices at the upper end to see some corrections if buying interest remains thin.
A distributor commented, “Prices at or close to the $1500/ton threshold were not proved workable amidst the persistence of more competitive levels. The rumor is that a buyer purchased some ABS natural slightly below $1400/ton, although this was probably a specific case from a seller who needed to get rid of his stocks.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?