Local PS prices firm up in China given strong styrene
A source from a domestic producer reported that local PS prices climbed by around CNY300-400/ton ($46-61/ton) when compared to pre-holiday levels owing to the recent rebound in styrene costs. “We are offering smaller quotas to the domestic markets nowadays as spot styrene prices have posted significant hikes recently,” the source stated.
A Shanghai-based trader also reported, “Most local PS producers opened this week with increases of around CNY100-300/ton ($16-46/ton) on their offers in line with firmer styrene costs.”
In China, local PS prices currently stand at CNY8300-8600/ton ($1089-1128/ton without VAT) for GPPS and at CNY8150-8700/ton ($1069-1141/ton without VAT) for HIPS, all on an ex-warehouse China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets