Local PS prices firm up in China given strong styrene
A source from a domestic producer reported that local PS prices climbed by around CNY300-400/ton ($46-61/ton) when compared to pre-holiday levels owing to the recent rebound in styrene costs. “We are offering smaller quotas to the domestic markets nowadays as spot styrene prices have posted significant hikes recently,” the source stated.
A Shanghai-based trader also reported, “Most local PS producers opened this week with increases of around CNY100-300/ton ($16-46/ton) on their offers in line with firmer styrene costs.”
In China, local PS prices currently stand at CNY8300-8600/ton ($1089-1128/ton without VAT) for GPPS and at CNY8150-8700/ton ($1069-1141/ton without VAT) for HIPS, all on an ex-warehouse China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets