Local PVC prices below $1200 fading in Turkey
This week, k67 offers for locally held cargoes moved up by $20-45/ton to $1165-1220/ton inc VAT. However, offers are mostly centered at or above the $1200/ton threshold. Offers below this level may fade in the short term, according to some players, as local supplies have declined because of buyers’ decision to meet more of their needs from the local market due to higher import prices.
“Offers below $1200/ton are likely to fade from the market soon. Sellers raised their prices in the local market as it is not easy to replenish stocks from European suppliers,” said a trader.
Another trader who received offers for k67-68 at $1200-1230/ton commented that the low ends reported in the previous weeks have become scarce recently and that they are expecting local PVC prices to be higher in line with stronger energy costs as well as lower supply in the local market.
A converter reported concluding a deal on the low end of the overall range and confirmed that distributors are trying to lift local market prices for PVC.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe