Local PVC prices down in Vietnam
A converter commented, “PVC prices remain on a softening path in Vietnam and we are not planning to replenish stocks as we think that prices may witness further reductions in the days ahead. We may consider making a fresh purchase after the Chinese New Year holidays.”
Local k67 prices were reported at VND17,500,000-17,900,000/ton ($790-806/ton) on an FD Vietnam, cash basis. According to ChemOrbis Price Index, the range suggests decreases of around VND900,000-1,000,000/ton ($40-45/ton) on a week over week basis. Meanwhile, the current range is also indicating the lowest levels seen since December 2009, when ChemOrbis Price Index for Vietnam’s local PVC market was first launched.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?