Local PVC prices down in Vietnam
A converter commented, “PVC prices remain on a softening path in Vietnam and we are not planning to replenish stocks as we think that prices may witness further reductions in the days ahead. We may consider making a fresh purchase after the Chinese New Year holidays.”
Local k67 prices were reported at VND17,500,000-17,900,000/ton ($790-806/ton) on an FD Vietnam, cash basis. According to ChemOrbis Price Index, the range suggests decreases of around VND900,000-1,000,000/ton ($40-45/ton) on a week over week basis. Meanwhile, the current range is also indicating the lowest levels seen since December 2009, when ChemOrbis Price Index for Vietnam’s local PVC market was first launched.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets evaluate possible impact of border closure with Iran
- Asia’s firm PVC sentiment shows signs of faltering amid competitive Chinese offers
- Recovering downstream activity supports sentiment for PET bottle in China
- Activity pick-up sends Asian spot C3 market into recovery mode
- Total polymer imports to EU28 hit record high in 2019
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe