Local PVC prices for Sept announced lower in Thailand
The distributor received September PVC prices from a local producer at THB30000/ton ($844/ton) on an FD, cash basis. When compared to the most recent August levels the distributor received, the new offers indicate decreases of THB500-1000/ton ($14-28/ton).
“We think that the local PVC market still has room for further reductions as demand is showing no signs of a real improvement for the near term. Our customers are likely to ask for further discounts. However, we may not be able to implement further decreases on our offers as VCM costs are still high in the face of limited availability,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East