Local PVC prices for Sept announced lower in Thailand
The distributor received September PVC prices from a local producer at THB30000/ton ($844/ton) on an FD, cash basis. When compared to the most recent August levels the distributor received, the new offers indicate decreases of THB500-1000/ton ($14-28/ton).
“We think that the local PVC market still has room for further reductions as demand is showing no signs of a real improvement for the near term. Our customers are likely to ask for further discounts. However, we may not be able to implement further decreases on our offers as VCM costs are still high in the face of limited availability,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops