Local PVC prices move higher for May in Thailand
A compounder reported receiving May PVC prices from a local producer at THB33000-33500/ton FD Thailand, cash ($1024-1039/ton). He commented, “The supplier is open to negotiation for their new prices. Demand for our end products is not strong. We hope that prices will shift direction next month in line with the recent reductions in spot ethylene costs.”
Meanwhile, a distributor reported that a local producer revealed their May PVC prices at THB32500/ton FD, cash ($1008/ton). The trader reported that these new offers are seeing some resistance from buyers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount