Local PVC prices move higher for May in Thailand
A compounder reported receiving May PVC prices from a local producer at THB33000-33500/ton FD Thailand, cash ($1024-1039/ton). He commented, “The supplier is open to negotiation for their new prices. Demand for our end products is not strong. We hope that prices will shift direction next month in line with the recent reductions in spot ethylene costs.”
Meanwhile, a distributor reported that a local producer revealed their May PVC prices at THB32500/ton FD, cash ($1008/ton). The trader reported that these new offers are seeing some resistance from buyers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally