Local PVC prices move higher in Thailand
“We attribute the producer’s hike decision to their availability issues, although we hear that the producer’s availability will be more comfortable this month. We think that demand will be slower in the near term due to the rainy season. Hence, prices are likely to witness some downward movements in the coming weeks,” the distributor commented.
The local producer’s new PVC prices stand at THB33000/ton ($940/ton) on an FD Thailand, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook