Local PVC prices move higher in Thailand
“We attribute the producer’s hike decision to their availability issues, although we hear that the producer’s availability will be more comfortable this month. We think that demand will be slower in the near term due to the rainy season. Hence, prices are likely to witness some downward movements in the coming weeks,” the distributor commented.
The local producer’s new PVC prices stand at THB33000/ton ($940/ton) on an FD Thailand, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand