Local PVC prices move higher in Thailand
“We attribute the producer’s hike decision to their availability issues, although we hear that the producer’s availability will be more comfortable this month. We think that demand will be slower in the near term due to the rainy season. Hence, prices are likely to witness some downward movements in the coming weeks,” the distributor commented.
The local producer’s new PVC prices stand at THB33000/ton ($940/ton) on an FD Thailand, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s PE, PP markets remain strong despite softer sentiment in China
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike