Local PVC prices move higher in Thailand
“We attribute the producer’s hike decision to their availability issues, although we hear that the producer’s availability will be more comfortable this month. We think that demand will be slower in the near term due to the rainy season. Hence, prices are likely to witness some downward movements in the coming weeks,” the distributor commented.
The local producer’s new PVC prices stand at THB33000/ton ($940/ton) on an FD Thailand, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE stabilizes in Turkey and SEA, buyers remain skeptical
- China homo-PP market keeps dropping as bearish factors prevail
- Indonesia’s polyolefin markets signal further weakness towards year-end
- Asian styrenics rise cautiously as sellers wager on higher costs
- Is 6-month downturn over in European PP markets?
- Polymer markets set to brace for higher freight rates
- Rising supply dents Jan PE outlook in Philippines as prices plunge to 11-year low
- China’s local PVC market supported by firmer futures, tightness
- PP, PE markets in Mid-East, Africa set to remain weak into 2020
- A new game-changer in Europe’s PE market: US imports