Local PVC prices move lower in Thailand, Malaysia
A source from a Thai producer reported that they have implemented a decrease of THB500-1000/ton ($15-30/ton) on their local PVC prices. The source stated, “We are planning to receive buyers’ response to our new prices before deciding our next move. Decreasing upstream costs are encouraging buyers to ask for additional discounts.” The producer is currently offering PVC at THB33500/ton ($1034/ton) FD Thailand, cash.
A converter in Malaysia reported that they were offered local PVC cargoes at MYR3400/ton ($1036/ton) FD Malaysia, cash. He commented, “Domestic PVC prices have fallen around MYR50/ton ($15/ton). Demand is sluggish and our end product business is not showing any sign of real improvement. We are not feeling optimistic regarding the near-term outlook.”
In Asia, spot VCM prices have decreased $5/ton on the week to be quoted at around $880/ton on a CFR Asia basis, the lowest level since May, according to data from ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high