Local PVC prices move lower in Thailand, Malaysia
A source from a Thai producer reported that they have implemented a decrease of THB500-1000/ton ($15-30/ton) on their local PVC prices. The source stated, “We are planning to receive buyers’ response to our new prices before deciding our next move. Decreasing upstream costs are encouraging buyers to ask for additional discounts.” The producer is currently offering PVC at THB33500/ton ($1034/ton) FD Thailand, cash.
A converter in Malaysia reported that they were offered local PVC cargoes at MYR3400/ton ($1036/ton) FD Malaysia, cash. He commented, “Domestic PVC prices have fallen around MYR50/ton ($15/ton). Demand is sluggish and our end product business is not showing any sign of real improvement. We are not feeling optimistic regarding the near-term outlook.”
In Asia, spot VCM prices have decreased $5/ton on the week to be quoted at around $880/ton on a CFR Asia basis, the lowest level since May, according to data from ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm