Local PVC prices move lower in Thailand
A PVC pipe manufacturer reported that two different local producers reduced their PVC offers by THB1500/ton ($42/ton), bringing their new levels to THB29500/ton ($818/ton) on an FD Thailand, cash basis. The converter commented, “We were expecting to see smaller decreases from local producers given the depreciation of Thai baht against the US dollar. Demand for our end products remains weak as the rainy season is still in place in the southern part of the country.”
A distributor added, “Demand in Thailand remains sluggish. Hence, local producers may try to limit their allocations.”
Meanwhile, a source from a local producer stated, “Demand is not showing any signs of real improvement for the short term. However, we feel that sentiment may start to shift in October as most of our customers have been delaying their purchases for some time and they will need to return to market to replenish soon. On the other hand, thin demand and lower upstream costs continue to exert downward pressure on the PVC market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East