Local PVC prices move lower in Thailand
A PVC pipe manufacturer reported that two different local producers reduced their PVC offers by THB1500/ton ($42/ton), bringing their new levels to THB29500/ton ($818/ton) on an FD Thailand, cash basis. The converter commented, “We were expecting to see smaller decreases from local producers given the depreciation of Thai baht against the US dollar. Demand for our end products remains weak as the rainy season is still in place in the southern part of the country.”
A distributor added, “Demand in Thailand remains sluggish. Hence, local producers may try to limit their allocations.”
Meanwhile, a source from a local producer stated, “Demand is not showing any signs of real improvement for the short term. However, we feel that sentiment may start to shift in October as most of our customers have been delaying their purchases for some time and they will need to return to market to replenish soon. On the other hand, thin demand and lower upstream costs continue to exert downward pressure on the PVC market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops