Local PVC prices post further increases in China
A Shanghai based trader commented, “Local prices have firmed up around CNY100-200/ton ($16-33/ton) on the week due to firming ethylene costs. We are expecting to see levels above CNY6500/ton ($911/ton without VAT) for ethylene based PVC and CNY6000/ton ($841/ton without VAT) for acetylene based PVC in the days ahead. Demand, meanwhile, is likely to improve in line with warmer weather.”
A source from a local acetylene based PVC producer stated, “Acetylene based PVC prices have risen to nearly CNY6000/ton ($841/ton without VAT) on the back of firmer carbide costs. We are now monitoring the market and are expecting to hear new May announcements from a major Taiwanese producer.”
A source from a conventional PVC producer also said, “We are planning to lift our local PVC prices this week in order to reflect higher ethylene costs onto our offers. Prices for acetylene based PVC are also up this week, which is another factor pushing ethylene based PVC prices higher.”
In China, acetylene based PVC prices are currently reported at CNY5800-5900/ton ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT ($812-827/ton without VAT), up CNY100-150/ton ($16-24/ton) week over week. Meanwhile, conventional PVC prices witnessed weekly increases of CNY100-200/ton ($16-32/ton) to be reported at CNY6100-6400/ton ($855-897/ton without VAT) with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East