Local PVC prices post increases in China
A trader reported, “PVC prices firmed up due to higher future prices. Other than that, there is no reason to push PVC prices higher. Indeed, buyers prefer to source carbide based PVC rather than ethylene based PVC these days.”
Another trader also confirmed higher PVC offers in the local market stating, “Domestic PVC market continued to increase. Apart from higher futures, reduced stocks also played a role in the weekly gains, although buyers only source on an as needed basis”.
In China, local PVC prices posted weekly increases of CNY100-150/ton ($15-22/ton excluding VAT) on the high ends to be currently quoted at CNY5500-5800/ton ($827-872/ton excluding VAT) for PVC k67 and CNY5650-5800/ton ($850-872/ton excluding VAT) for PVC k70 on ex-warehouse China, cash basis. As for acetylene based PVC, prices rose by CNY150-200/ton ($22-30/ton excluding VAT) on the week to be reported at CNY5300-5550/ton ($797-835/ton) for k67 with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years