Local PVC prices soften in China
A trader reported that they are seeing a stable to softer trend for acetylene based PVC prices compared with the previous week, attributing this to lower inquiries and a slight decline in futures prices. “Ethylene based PVC has also posted some declines recently due to lower feedstock costs,” the trader added.
A source from an acetylene based producer reported, “We are waiting for a Taiwanese major’s new offers to determine our new prices and we prefer focusing on meeting domestic demand. We managed to conclude some deals at CNY5100-5200/ton ($664-677/ton without VAT) FD, cash inc VAT after agreeing to some discounts. ”
Local prices for acetylene based PVC k67 stand at CNY5100-5300/ton ($664-690/ton without VAT) on FD China, cash inc VAT basis while prices for conventional PVC k67 are quoted at CNY5600/ton ($729/ton without VAT) on an ex-warehouse China, cash inc VAT basis. Meanwhile, spot VCM prices on a CFR FEA basis fell by $10/ton on the week to be currently quoted at $620/ton.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September