Local PVC supply limited in Philippines
A local producer commented, “We haven’t received any VCM cargoes yet as our feedstock supplier has been having a maintenance shutdown, which prevents them from supplying material to us since last month. Therefore, we had to source some import PVC from an Indonesian supplier.”
A buyer also reported that a second PVC producer in the Philippines faced a technical glitch at their plant and was unable to give offers for k70 grade. “Local PVC supply is limited and we heard that the producer plans to sell Japanese materials . As their stocks can last around 2-3 weeks, they are planning to source more material from the import market,” he said.
Local prices for PVC k67 were reported at PHP48,000-49,000/ton ($925-944/ton excluding VAT) on a FD Philippines, cash basis.
Market expectations for imports, meanwhile, remain bearish following the price announcement of a Taiwanese major for July, which indicates a second consecutive month of decreases. The overall import k67 range was reported at $740-770/ton CIF Philippines, cash.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs