Local acetylene based PVC prices move lower in China
Acetylene based PVC prices are currently reported at CNY5550-5650/ton on an ex-warehouse China, cash equivalent basis ($778-792/ton without VAT). According to ChemOrbis Price Index, the range indicates decreases of around CNY90-100/ton ($14-16/ton) on a week over week basis.
Meanwhile, acetylene based PVC offers reemerged in the Indian and Southeast Asian markets this week at $850/ton CIF, cash, which failed to attract buying interest as most players did not find this level to be competitive relative to conventional PVC.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May