Local acetylene based PVC prices move lower in China
Acetylene based PVC prices are currently reported at CNY5550-5650/ton on an ex-warehouse China, cash equivalent basis ($778-792/ton without VAT). According to ChemOrbis Price Index, the range indicates decreases of around CNY90-100/ton ($14-16/ton) on a week over week basis.
Meanwhile, acetylene based PVC offers reemerged in the Indian and Southeast Asian markets this week at $850/ton CIF, cash, which failed to attract buying interest as most players did not find this level to be competitive relative to conventional PVC.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers