Local acetylene based PVC prices move lower in China
Acetylene based PVC prices are currently reported at CNY5550-5650/ton on an ex-warehouse China, cash equivalent basis ($778-792/ton without VAT). According to ChemOrbis Price Index, the range indicates decreases of around CNY90-100/ton ($14-16/ton) on a week over week basis.
Meanwhile, acetylene based PVC offers reemerged in the Indian and Southeast Asian markets this week at $850/ton CIF, cash, which failed to attract buying interest as most players did not find this level to be competitive relative to conventional PVC.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June
- European PS, ABS under pressure from upstream markets