Local and import Nov PP, PE offers revealed in UAE
Accordingly, a major Saudi producer’s import PP and PE offers are reported at $1310-1320/ton for LDPE film, at $1180-1190/ton for LLDPE c4 film, at $1180-1200/ton for HDPE film, at $1190/ton for PP raffia and inj., all on CIF Dubai, 90 days basis.
A film manufacturer, meanwhile, reported receiving LDPE film offers from a different Saudi producer at $1320/ton with the same terms. He added, “We received November offers from two Saudi producers at unchanged levels. Market activities are slow due to the approaching year-end, when players tend to limit their purchases due to the bearish expectations.”
Inside the UAE, the local producer Borouge’s new offers are mostly unchanged at $1180/ton for LLDPE and HDPE film, $1270/ton for LDPE film and at $1070/ton for raffia and inj., all on FD Dubai, cash basis.
“Supplies are adequate. However, players continue to limit their purchases to their immediate needs due to the year-end book closures. Nevertheless, they are watching crude oil prices carefully as consistent increases might affect downstream prices in the coming days,” said a trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market