Local and import Nov PP, PE offers revealed in UAE
Accordingly, a major Saudi producer’s import PP and PE offers are reported at $1310-1320/ton for LDPE film, at $1180-1190/ton for LLDPE c4 film, at $1180-1200/ton for HDPE film, at $1190/ton for PP raffia and inj., all on CIF Dubai, 90 days basis.
A film manufacturer, meanwhile, reported receiving LDPE film offers from a different Saudi producer at $1320/ton with the same terms. He added, “We received November offers from two Saudi producers at unchanged levels. Market activities are slow due to the approaching year-end, when players tend to limit their purchases due to the bearish expectations.”
Inside the UAE, the local producer Borouge’s new offers are mostly unchanged at $1180/ton for LLDPE and HDPE film, $1270/ton for LDPE film and at $1070/ton for raffia and inj., all on FD Dubai, cash basis.
“Supplies are adequate. However, players continue to limit their purchases to their immediate needs due to the year-end book closures. Nevertheless, they are watching crude oil prices carefully as consistent increases might affect downstream prices in the coming days,” said a trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS