Local and import PP, PE prices emerge in UAE for November
The local Emirati producer issued $40-50/ton increases on their HDPE and LLDPE film offers at $1160-1170/ton and at $1220/ton, respectively, while they issued rollovers on their PP raffia and injection prices at $1020/ton on FD Dubai, United Arab Emirates, cash basis.
A trader commented, “Despite the rollover they issued on their PP prices, the local producer lifted their PE prices because their PE offers were very low during October.” According to him, overall demand continues to remain weak in the country.
Meanwhile, another trader reported receiving new November PE prices from a major Saudi Arabian producer with $50-80/ton increases. According to him, the producer lifted their HDPE film offers by $80/ton to $1330/ton while they raised their LDPE and LLDPE film offers by $50/ton to $1290/ton on CIF Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“We think that overall demand is not that bad and is improving to some degree. Buyers will want to secure some cargoes before the year end. Regarding supplies, no availability issues are felt,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops