Local and import offers surface for Oct in UAE’s PP, PE markets
Inside the UAE, the local producer, Borouge, announced new offers with rollovers both for PE and PP from their latest September offers. Their offers are standing at $1180/ton for LLDPE film, $1100/ton for HDPE film and $1020/ton for raffia and inj., all on FD Dubai, cash basis.
In the import market, a Saudi major, meanwhile, applied $20-30/ton increases on their October PP and PE offers to the UAE. Two distributors reported receiving October offers from the Saudi major at $1300/ton for LDPE film, at $1180/ton for LLDPE c4 film, at $1190-1200/ton for HDPE film, at $1220/ton for PP film, at $1270/ton for PPBC inj. and at $1190-1210/ton for PP raffia and inj., all on CIF Dubai, 90 days basis.
Players are taking a waiting stance to see other Middle Eastern producers’ offers so that they can start negotiating.
“Demand is there, but it remains below average amidst thin buying appetite as players are only securing their needs. Besides, supplies are sufficient in the market,” said a trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports