Local and import offers surface for Oct in UAE’s PP, PE markets
Inside the UAE, the local producer, Borouge, announced new offers with rollovers both for PE and PP from their latest September offers. Their offers are standing at $1180/ton for LLDPE film, $1100/ton for HDPE film and $1020/ton for raffia and inj., all on FD Dubai, cash basis.
In the import market, a Saudi major, meanwhile, applied $20-30/ton increases on their October PP and PE offers to the UAE. Two distributors reported receiving October offers from the Saudi major at $1300/ton for LDPE film, at $1180/ton for LLDPE c4 film, at $1190-1200/ton for HDPE film, at $1220/ton for PP film, at $1270/ton for PPBC inj. and at $1190-1210/ton for PP raffia and inj., all on CIF Dubai, 90 days basis.
Players are taking a waiting stance to see other Middle Eastern producers’ offers so that they can start negotiating.
“Demand is there, but it remains below average amidst thin buying appetite as players are only securing their needs. Besides, supplies are sufficient in the market,” said a trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June
- European PS, ABS under pressure from upstream markets