Local homo-PP moves back above imports in China after 5 months
As the below graph created by ChemOrbis Price Wizard shows, local homo-PP prices in China are recently standing above imports for the first time since March. The current stance of local homo-PP may revive interest for imports and help overseas suppliers raise their offers to China.
Meanwhile, players are mostly questioning the sustainability of this uptrend, citing low buying interest amidst the low season for PP applications coupled with plant restarts and capacity additions.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene heads south, propylene yet to follow
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties