Local homo-PP moves back above imports in China after 5 months
As the below graph created by ChemOrbis Price Wizard shows, local homo-PP prices in China are recently standing above imports for the first time since March. The current stance of local homo-PP may revive interest for imports and help overseas suppliers raise their offers to China.
Meanwhile, players are mostly questioning the sustainability of this uptrend, citing low buying interest amidst the low season for PP applications coupled with plant restarts and capacity additions.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets