Local homo-PP moves below imports again in China
As can be seen in the below graph created by the ChemOrbis Price Wizard, weekly average homo-PP prices have been trading below imports for the past two weeks after mostly standing above them since the first half of July. This pushed buyers to the local market in order to secure their needs at more competitive levels.
A trader commented, “Traders are offering at high levels given fewer import offers in the market. However, converters are not willing to accept these levels as local prices are standing at more competitive levels. We think PP prices will remain firm but demand will not improve.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?