Local homo-PP moves below imports again in China
As can be seen in the below graph created by the ChemOrbis Price Wizard, weekly average homo-PP prices have been trading below imports for the past two weeks after mostly standing above them since the first half of July. This pushed buyers to the local market in order to secure their needs at more competitive levels.
A trader commented, “Traders are offering at high levels given fewer import offers in the market. However, converters are not willing to accept these levels as local prices are standing at more competitive levels. We think PP prices will remain firm but demand will not improve.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins