Local homo PP prices ease down in Turkey
The prevailing homo PP ranges stand at $1280-1350/ton for raffia, $1340-1360/ton for fibre and $1320-1360/ton for injection grade, all ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT. These levels represent decreases ranging between $10-30/ton when compared to last week.
Sellers concur that there are cash flow issues in the market and most buyers prefer to buy according to their urgent requirements and on deferred payment basis.
“The PP market is calm while we met our needs from the domestic market earlier this week. Prices are softer in line with limited purchasing activity and weaker crude oil prices,” a carpet manufacturer noted.
A raffia converter reported receiving lower offers compared to last week. “We believe that prices may come down in the days to come now that energy costs are falling and dollar parity is high,” the buyer argued.
A distributor stated, “Overall demand is moderate since last week given the recent political developments in Turkey. We try to be adamant at our prices but as the firming trend stopped, we slightly adjusted our prices down compared to last week in order not to miss any chance to sell.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019