Local homo-PP prices hit 4 year low in Thailand
Players in the country report that domestic PP prices continued to post decreases at the start of the week. Data from ChemOrbis Price Index showed that price reductions for local PP cargoes are ranging between THB2000-2500/ton ($61-76/ton) when compared to the previous week.
A trader stated that local producers implemented fresh price reductions at the start of the week in the face of weak demand stemming from buyer’s cautious stance due to their bearish expectations. The trader predicted that local markets will soon hit the THB40000/ton ($1218/ton) threshold for both PP and PE.
Locally-held PP cargoes are currently offered at THB41000-42000/ton ($1248-1279/ton) for homo-PP raffia and injection and at THB41500-42500/ton ($1263-1294/ton) for PP film, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets