Local homo-PP prices move lower in Thailand
An agent of a local producer reported that their supplier cut its homo-PP offers by THB1000/ton ($29/ton) from last week to THB37500/ton ($1106/ton) for raffia and to THB38000/ton ($1121/ton) for film on an FD, cash equivalent basis.
A trader also reported that another local producer decreased its raffia offers by THB1000/ton ($29/ton) when compared to last week to THB37500/ton ($1091/ton) with the same terms.
The trader noted, “Buyers are hesitant to make fresh purchases given the downtrend of prices.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East