Local, import PP markets see multi-month highs in Indonesia
The below graph created by ChemOrbis Price Wizard shows that weekly average import homo-PP prices in Indonesia have been following an uptrend since early July and they are currently standing at their highest levels since the second half of April.
A converter commented, “We are yet to see an improvement in demand. However, we think prices will preserve the current stable to firmer trend in the near term given the firmer PP market in China as well as the impacts of Hurricane Harvey.”
A woven bag manufacturer said, “Although our stocks are sufficient only until mid-October, we are not planning to make purchases as high costs have literally become a burden for us in the midst of unpromising profits.”
Inside Indonesia, a local producer increased its PP offers by six times since August. The producer has been adopting a firm stance on its offers given plans to shut its PP line for maintenance in September.
The second graph created by ChemOrbis Price Wizard also represents that local homo-PP prices in Indonesia have recently reached a more than ten-month high as a result of steady increases in place since early July.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy
- Saudi major globally applies significant drops on PE for Sept
- Malaysia’s local PE market dives to a decade low
- Homo PP offers below $1000 pervade China’s import market
- PP, PE prices in Mid-East and Africa set to remain weak until end of Q3