Local, import PP markets see multi-month highs in Indonesia
The below graph created by ChemOrbis Price Wizard shows that weekly average import homo-PP prices in Indonesia have been following an uptrend since early July and they are currently standing at their highest levels since the second half of April.
A converter commented, “We are yet to see an improvement in demand. However, we think prices will preserve the current stable to firmer trend in the near term given the firmer PP market in China as well as the impacts of Hurricane Harvey.”
A woven bag manufacturer said, “Although our stocks are sufficient only until mid-October, we are not planning to make purchases as high costs have literally become a burden for us in the midst of unpromising profits.”
Inside Indonesia, a local producer increased its PP offers by six times since August. The producer has been adopting a firm stance on its offers given plans to shut its PP line for maintenance in September.
The second graph created by ChemOrbis Price Wizard also represents that local homo-PP prices in Indonesia have recently reached a more than ten-month high as a result of steady increases in place since early July.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial June PE offers to SEA signal firming despite buyers’ resistance
- Firming in ethylene lags behind propylene in Europe
- PET rally stalls in China after prices hit four-and-half-year high
- Asian PS retains firming path on supportive upstream
- June PE outlook under discussion in Europe
- Taiwanese major lowers June PVC offers to Asia despite firm China
- Local PP markets cautiously firmer in Vietnam, Indonesia
- Global ethylene prices continue to defy energy rally
- China’s import polyolefin markets up on soaring crude, futures
- Step-back from initial rollover attempts for ABS in Europe