Local producer has issues on PE supply in Malaysia
An agent of a local producer reported that the producer’s supply is tight for all PE grades. “Our supplier had delayed our deliveries. We think that the producer may cut its allocation to the local market in order to provide materials for the export market as the ringgit is weakening against the US dollar. The local market is weak while exporters’ businesses are better for now,” he commented.
A trader also opined, “The local producer is having supply issues at their LDPE line just like their LLDPE line that usually deals with the same problem. Furthermore, even their HDPE supply is limited.”
A converter also reported that the local producer informed them that their LLDPE shipment will be delayed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins