Local producer has issues on PE supply in Malaysia
An agent of a local producer reported that the producer’s supply is tight for all PE grades. “Our supplier had delayed our deliveries. We think that the producer may cut its allocation to the local market in order to provide materials for the export market as the ringgit is weakening against the US dollar. The local market is weak while exporters’ businesses are better for now,” he commented.
A trader also opined, “The local producer is having supply issues at their LDPE line just like their LLDPE line that usually deals with the same problem. Furthermore, even their HDPE supply is limited.”
A converter also reported that the local producer informed them that their LLDPE shipment will be delayed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines