Local producer has issues on PE supply in Malaysia
An agent of a local producer reported that the producer’s supply is tight for all PE grades. “Our supplier had delayed our deliveries. We think that the producer may cut its allocation to the local market in order to provide materials for the export market as the ringgit is weakening against the US dollar. The local market is weak while exporters’ businesses are better for now,” he commented.
A trader also opined, “The local producer is having supply issues at their LDPE line just like their LLDPE line that usually deals with the same problem. Furthermore, even their HDPE supply is limited.”
A converter also reported that the local producer informed them that their LLDPE shipment will be delayed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends
- Asian PP, PE markets to start 2022 on a bearish note
- PET bottle prices rise 40% in 2021 across Asia
- Egypt’s PVC markets set to end 2021 on weaker footing