Locally-held LLDPE prices firm up in Vietnam
A trader reported that they raised their locally-held LLDPE film prices for Saudi origins by VND500,000/ton ($23/ton) compared to last week, bringing their new offers to VND32,500,000/ton FD Vietnam, cash including VAT ($1391/ton without VAT). “We lifted our prices since LLDPE supplies are a bit tight. However, HDPE prices are holding steady as demand remains slow. We expect PE prices to follow a firm trend over the near term while the PP outlook seems uncertain,” he commented.
A plastics bag manufacturer also reported that traders have increased their offers for locally-held Saudi Arabian LLDPE materials by VND500,000-1,000,000/ton ($46/ton) when compared to the converter’s most recent done deal level. The buyer reported receiving offers for locally-held LLDPE film at VND32,500,000-33,000,000/ton FD Vietnam, cash inc VAT ($1391-1412/ton without VAT). The buyer stated, “We still prefer to purchase from the local market as import prices are quite high. We are feeling uncertain regarding the near term outlook and we are planning to purchase only in small quantities as the need arises.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East