Locally-held LLDPE prices firm up in Vietnam
A trader reported that they raised their locally-held LLDPE film prices for Saudi origins by VND500,000/ton ($23/ton) compared to last week, bringing their new offers to VND32,500,000/ton FD Vietnam, cash including VAT ($1391/ton without VAT). “We lifted our prices since LLDPE supplies are a bit tight. However, HDPE prices are holding steady as demand remains slow. We expect PE prices to follow a firm trend over the near term while the PP outlook seems uncertain,” he commented.
A plastics bag manufacturer also reported that traders have increased their offers for locally-held Saudi Arabian LLDPE materials by VND500,000-1,000,000/ton ($46/ton) when compared to the converter’s most recent done deal level. The buyer reported receiving offers for locally-held LLDPE film at VND32,500,000-33,000,000/ton FD Vietnam, cash inc VAT ($1391-1412/ton without VAT). The buyer stated, “We still prefer to purchase from the local market as import prices are quite high. We are feeling uncertain regarding the near term outlook and we are planning to purchase only in small quantities as the need arises.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record